6 Office Party Ideas That Are Awesome and Unique
Office party ideas are what everyone is looking for now that we are heading into the festive season! The process of throwing an office party should be fun and creative. However often the added tasks of party planning can overwhelm employees. Here are 6 unique office party ideas to help you plan an event that is enjoyable and budget-friendly.
1. Potluck Office Party
Potluck is simply a dish party. This cheerful office party idea is based on the universal fact that food brings people together. This kind of gathering is a great way for everyone to get involved.
- This is because it breaks the ice between employees and teams.
- It also makes everyone feel involved and appreciated.
- It’s an excellent way for budding chefs to show off their skills.
- On top of that, business owners can keep the costs of an office party down, while still giving everyone a good time.
To execute this idea, every employee cooks a dish. You can divide employees into appetisers, main dishes, side dishes, snacks and desserts. This idea can be made even more engaging by making it a competition, offering prizes for the best dishes in each category!
2. Murder Mystery Night
Murder mystery events have long been an exciting and captivating way to spend an evening. Who doesn’t love engaging their brain in a mystery – especially a ‘real-life’ one! Each attendee is assigned a character in the mystery and given a detailed description of their role. As the mystery unravels and employees disguised as fictional characters attempt to solve it, you will be surprised how many of your employees will suddenly immerse themselves in an Oscar-worthy performance!
- This is a great office party idea to help build team working skills.
- It also encourages your employees to problem-solve together.
For an extra special event, invest in some delicious food from a catering service and order a professional office clean up so you can all get back to business the next working day.
3. Brunch Office Party
Your office party doesn’t have to be in the evening. Why not stray from the tradition of an evening office party and follow the recent popularity of brunch?!
- This can often be a more convenient option for employees who have long commutes or families to get home to.
- So, providing your office with a few hours off in the late morning and treating your employees to a delicious brunch buffet allows them plenty of time to socialise and take some time out of the work schedule.
A 2014 report from Massive Health found that people who eat breakfast are 12.3% healthier throughout the day than those who don’t – and what employer doesn’t want a healthier team?! Find out your employees’ favourite brunch foods, and don’t forget plenty of coffee!
4. An Office Outing
Office outings are a great way to bond as a team outside the stress of the office environment. Take an afternoon off and treat your team to a bite to eat and unique experiences. Many cities and towns offer a wide array of activities that are popular among businesses for team building and celebrations. An escape room is a great outing out of the office that encourages your employees to work together and solve puzzles. Other options include interactive driving ranges, bowling and stand-up comedy.
5. Office Awards Night
An office awards night encourages your employees and managers to embrace their care-free side and have a laugh at themselves and each other.
A 2011 study from Globoforce Motivation Worldwide found that 39% of workers wanted to quit because they didn’t feel appreciated at work.
This is a fantastic opportunity to celebrate your office’s good work and individual contributions.
- The party planners should plan a wide array of awards that are both silly and meaningful, with plenty of categories and smart-looking certificates or trophies to give to winners.
- This is also a fun chance for employees to dress up awards party style, in suits, ties and cocktail dresses.
6. City Scavenger Hunt
Scavenger hunts are another office party idea that encourages camaraderie, teamwork and problem solving amongst your office. It is also a chance to get to know your business’s town or city a bit better.
There are many pre-organised scavenger hunts popping up in towns and cities all over the world so you and your team can relax and enjoy the ride.
Pair the experience with a spot of lunch, creating a fun and thrilling afternoon for your employees.
For all the fun office party ideas that take place inside the office, it can often get a little messy while people are enjoying themselves. Don’t put a downer on the celebration and ensure the clean-up is in safe hands with Crystal Services. We provide commercial cleaning, maintenance and security services, nationwide.
If you found this article interesting, check out our other articles –how to clean your office chair and also how to get a coffee stain out of your office carpet.
To get a quote, or to find out more about how we can help your business, give us a call today or contact us through our website.