4 Tips to Choosing the Best Property Maintenance Company + Bonus Checklist to help you on your search!
Property maintenance / Building maintenance is not only about finding a good cleaning company for your business building. Building maintenance is much more than just cleaning. It is being available to conduct any planned maintenance work throughout the year, as well as reactive building maintenance work when there is a need.
That’s why hiring someone who is responsible for making sure that your office building is safe, secure and continues to run smoothly, just makes sense. For that reason, knowing what to look out for will help prevent you from locking into a contract with a substandard maintenance service.
But what are the advantages of hiring a good property maintenance company? And, how can you be sure that one company is better for you than another?
Don’t worry because we’ve got you covered! Read on to find out why you may wish to hire a facilities management company to help sort out your maintenance. Plus, a checklist to ensure you are on the right path.
What Are The Advantages Of Good Property Maintenance?
Having a reliable property maintenance company available on hand will help to:
- Prevent decay and degradation of your property
- Maintain structural stability
- Prevent weather damage
- Determine the cause of defects
- Ensure compliance with statutory requirements
Follow this checklist to help you find the best property maintenance for your company.
- Understand What Your Options Are:
There are a number of different types of maintenance options for you to consider. To find the best options for your business you have to decide which suits your needs better.
- Planned maintenance – Regular maintenance of your building. Services that need repeating and kept up to date.
- Preventive maintenance – Keeps things in working order. Replacing parts to extend something’s life.
- Corrective maintenance – Repairing something that is broken.
- Front-Line maintenance – Maintenance whilst something is in use.
- Proactive maintenance – Identifies potential defects that could result in failure.
- Know What Your Property Needs:
Before hiring a commercial building maintenance team you need to evaluate and understand the needs of your building. Get an idea of what services you need and work out how frequently you need them. Find a company that will work with you, meet your requirements, and can help maintain the condition of your building.
Ask yourself if you need:
- 24/7 Emergency repairs
- Electrical repairs
- Painting and wallpapering
- Plumbing repairs
- Door, hinge, and hardware repairs
- Safety Audits
- Know What You Want from A Property Maintenance Company:
To trust someone with the maintenance of your building, they need to be responsible, reliable, and dependable. This is because a company with these attributes will have well-trained staff to industry standards. They will also have experience and be fully licensed and insured.
Hiring the right company will help give you peace of mind. Finding the best maintenance service assures you that your building is in great hands. It will be looked after at a fair price. A strong partnership with your maintenance company can reap many benefits down the line.
- Ask Questions About Your Property Maintenance Service:
Don’t be afraid to find out more information about who you are hiring. You are trusting them with your building, you need to know who you are letting in. A professional and trustworthy company will not be averse to answering your questions.
- Do they perform background checks on their employees?
- What training program do they use?
- Do you have company uniforms?
- What range of services do you offer?
You need to know if the company can meet all your needs. They should provide a variety of maintenance services to be able to deal with any unexpected situations that occur.
In following this checklist, you will be able to identify what you are looking for in maintenance service. When you understand what your building needs and what your options are, you can find the right service for you. It is important that you find a service that excels in both facets of maintenance: prevention and repair. This will guarantee that your building is kept in good condition and be available to always use.