Crystal Facilities Management were awarded the contract with Sheffield University in 2016 for a 3 year period for the annual deep cleaning of the halls of residence and also for the communal areas across Endcliffe Campus for year round services. We are very pleased with this contract and work in partnership with the University to deliver a high quality service throughout the year with our on-site support.
Crystal Facilities Management is responsible for cleaning around 5000 beds between early July and mid-September of each year during the contract term. For the majority of the accommodation, this work can be carried out throughout this period with the main requirement being that it is ready for the new student intake. However as the University utilises its accommodation for conference and summer vacation customers, certain buildings need to be cleaned in a very short space of time due to the demand and short turn-round time This includes 200-300 rooms, plus associated kitchens and corridors, in just 24 hours. As conference business can change on a weekly basis in the weeks leading up to the summer period, we work with the University flexibly and realistically in relation to the challenges the summer period presents. We have proved to be an organisation who is able to use their initiative and seek to assist the University in focusing on its summer business and providing an excellent service to its customers, who we believe are the end user of our service.
The following are works performed by us
- To provide a full time contract manager located on site to manage the periodic cleaning throughout the term time with a team of 6 full time cleaning team
- To provide an annual student room deep clean of 5000 ensuite and single bedrooms and shared facilities
- To provide a sparkle clean to rooms required under the summer deep cleaning program
- To provide bulk rubbish removal services on an as required basis to dispose of furniture, mattresses, refrigerators and deep freezers under full certification
- To provide hotel service and prepare rooms ready for conference guests
- To carry out a deep cleaning programme year round to showers and shared kitchens on a weekly basis to maintain the premises in preparation for January and Easter